PM:09:31:29/09/2022
1796 View
+
-
SULAIMANI — Zanyar Rahmani, the husband of one of the victims
of Iran’s missile and drone attacks in the Kurdistan Region yesterday, told NRT
the couple’s infant child succumbed to his injuries and died on Thursday
(September 29).
Rehan Kanaani, had been pregnant and two weeks from her
delivery date when she was killed in the bombardment that hit the town of Koya
in Erbil on Wednesday morning.
Medical staff were able to save her child for the time being
but Wanyar Rahmani passed away on Thursday after 24 hours under medical care.
Koya was one of a number of locations attacked by the
combined drone and missile attack on Wednesday targeting opposition groups in
the Kurdistan Region. The death toll of the attack has risen to 14.
Lawk Ghafuri, the head of the Kurdistan Regional
Government’s Media Affairs, said on Thursday 14 of the 58 people injured in
yesterday’s attacks are in critical condition.
(NRT Digital Media)